When cooking the ripe plantains in an air fryer, you get the benefit of consuming your favorite side dish in a healthier version. Furthermore, this dish will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth due to its high natural sugar content.
- 1 ripe plantain, peel and cut diagonally into 1½-inch thick slices
- ¼ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat Air Fryer for 3 minutes at 370°F.
- Lightly brush each plantain slices on both sides with oil.
- Remove air fryer basket after the preheating cycle is complete. Arrange plantains inside air fryer basket.
- Insert fry tray into basket, leaving a 2-inch space between the food and the fry tray.
- Insert air fryer basket with ripe plantains into the unit.
- Air fry at 370°F for 10 minutes.
- Remove basket from unit and place on a trivet. With tongs, carefully remove the fry tray from the basket.
- Serve warm and enjoy the sweet flavors and soft texture.
You can adjust and experiment with the cooking temperatures and time to suit your cooking preference.
It is highly recommended to read the entire owner’s manual before operating the Air Fryer.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Puerto Rican
Keywords: Air Fryer - Fried Ripe Plantain