Enjoy this delicious and creamy Puerto Rican Pumpkin Pie, bursting with rich pumpkin flavor along with a flaky homemade crust that does not require rolling out the dough!
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt (low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- ½ cup canola oil
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 16 ounces Puerto Rican pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 8 fluid ounces skim milk
- Add the ingredients for pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan. Mix with fork until a dough is formed.
- Spread dough evenly on the sides and bottom of pie pan.
- Crimp pie crust edges by making indentations with the back of a fork.
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
- Pour 2 beaten eggs and mix until well blended.
- Add pumpkin and skim milk to the mixture. With a spoon, stir until a smooth consistency is formed.
- Pour pumpkin pie mixture into the pie crust and place in oven for 15 minutes at 425°F.
- Remove pie from oven and place a pie crust shield around the pie crust edges to prevent from burning.
- Insert the pumpkin pie again in the oven for 40 minutes at 350°F or until the pie filling is firm.
If you don’t have a pie crust shield, you can make your own with aluminum foil.
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: Puerto Rican
Keywords: Puerto Rican Pumpkin Pie