This delicious rice with sausage only takes 4 minutes to cook in a pressure cooker. The tropical aroma of this rice dish permeates into the air when the lid is removed from the Instant Pot. This is definitely a result of all the Caribbean herbs, vegetables and spices added to this dish.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 3 sprigs chopped cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (4.6 ounces each) Vienna Sausages, cut into halves
- 1 tablespoon sofrito
- 1 seasoning envelope with coriander and annatto
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup whole kernel corn
- 1 ½ cups long-grain white rice
- Read the entire User’s Manual before operating your Instant Pot.
- Rinse the rice.
- Press the Sauté button. Change the temperature to “Less.”
- Press the “Minus” button to change the sautéing time to 8 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients except for water, corn and rice. Stir until well blended and sauté for 8 minutes.
- Press “Cancel” button to stop the sautéing process.
- Add the remaining ingredients: water, corn and rice. Stir rice well into liquid.
- Cover pressure cooker with lid in lock position. Turn Steam Release Handle to the Sealing position.
- Select Pressure Cook button. Cook at High Pressure. Press the “Minus” button to decrease the time for 4 minutes.
- When pressure cooking is done, use natural release for 10 minutes. Press the Cancel button.
- Release the remaining pressure by turning the Steam Release Handle to Venting position for a Quick Release.
- Remove lid when the pressure is completely released and the float valve drops down.
- Stir rice and serve with your favorite stewed beans if you so desire.
Visit my Website (aidaskitchenboricua.com) for the ingredients on how to create your own special blend of seasoning and how to prepare sofrito for a single meal. You will find the same information on Page 14 and Page 19 of my cookbook – Aida’s Kitchen a lo Boricua.
- Category: Rice and Grains
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Puerto Rican