Learn how to cook soaked dry black beans with a pressure cooker to prepare a variety of high fiber-protein delicious meals!
- 1 pound Dry Black Beans
- 6 cups cold water
- Read your owner’s manual on how to operate your pressure cooker – Ninja Foodie.
- Rinse and soak beans for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain water and rinse.
- Place beans in cooking pot of pressure cooker and pour 6 cups of water.
- Place lid in lock position and turn pressure release valve to Seal.
- Turn power on and select the pressure cooking program.
- Select TEMP to LO and Select TIME to 5 minutes.
- Select START/STOP button to begin.
- When pressure cooking is done, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of natural release, turn pressure release valve to the VENT for Quick Release.
- Once all the pressure has been released and the float valve is in the down position, carefully remove the lid.
- Beans should be tender.
Prep Time includes: 8 hours of soaking, 5 minutes for rinsing (twice) and sorting beans, 20 minutes of pressure building and 10 minutes of Natural Release.
- Category: Beans and Legumes
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Puerto Rican
Keywords: Dry Black Bean - Pressure Cooker