Enjoy a cup of traditional hot chocolate made with melted chocolate bars for a frothy texture and a rich chocolate flavor that will definitely satisfy anyone’s chocolate gravings.
- 2 bars sweet chocolate (1 ounce each)
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups skim milk or milk of your preference
- 2 ounces of Edam cheese, cut into small pieces
- Add sweet chocolate bars in a saucepan.
- Pour water and stir until sweet chocolate bars are fully melted over low heat.
- Add milk and stir until milk and sweet chocolate are well blended.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once the hot chocolate starts creating a frothy layer on top, the hot chocolate is ready to be served.
- Place small pieces of cheese inside 2 cups and pour hot chocolate into the cups.
I purchase the Goya and Cortés Sweet Chocolate Bars.
After drinking half the cup of hot chocolate, scoop up the melted cheese with a spoon.
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: Puerto Rican
Keywords: Hot Chocolate