Potato Salad is a creamy side dish that consists mainly of boiled potatoes that are coated with a salad dressing mixed with vegetables and hard-boiled eggs. In Puerto Rico, some individuals add chunks of apples. This is an excellent and delicious side dish to accompany your favorite meat or fish.
- 3 pounds Russet Potatoes, peeled and cut into halves
- 2 teaspoons lite salt or to taste
- 8 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped green bell peppers
- ¼ cup mustard
- 2 cups Mayonnaise
- Paprika to garnish on top of potato salad
- Pour 8 cups of water into a 4-quart saucepan. Bring water to a boil and add salt.
- Carefully place the potatoes in boiling water and cook until fork tender.
- Cut the cooked potatoes into 1-inch chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Add the chopped eggs, chopped onions, chopped green bell peppers, mustard and mayonnaise into bowl with potatoes.
- Mix until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Garnish on top with paprika and serve cold.
Cover bowl with lid and place in the refrigerator until it is time to serve especially since this dish contains mayonnaise and eggs. It should not be kept out for more than 2 hours.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Puerto Rican
Keywords: Ensalada de Papa, Potato Salad