Our Spiced Vinegar (Vinagre/Pique) is prepared with our traditional hot chili peppers that are soaked in vinegar with herbs, spices and pineapple rinds for a delicious spicy hot sauce.
- 5 Hot Chili Peppers (Ajíes Caballeros), stems removed and cut in halves
- 15 Hot Chili Peppers (Ajíes Caballeros), stems removed
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon peppercorn (optional)
- ½ cup pineapple chunks or 3 to 4 pineapple rinds (optional)
- ½ cup white vinegar, according to your taste
- ½ cup olive oil to 1 cup olive oil, according to your taste
- Rinse hot chili peppers. Cut 5 hot chili peppers in halves. Do not remove the seeds.
- In a glass jar, add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients until well blended.
- Cover glass jar with lid.
- Let stand for 7 to 10 days to reach full potency.
- Stir the spiced vinegar before using and drizzle small amounts over your favorite meals.
Remember the longer the spiced vinegar sits the hotter it will get.
- Category: Condiments
- Cuisine: Puerto Rican
Keywords: Spiced Vinegar (Vinagre/Pique)