An easy and delicious recipe for stewing salt cod that is served on a plate accompanied with root vegetables.
- 1 pound salted pollock fillets, desalted, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sofrito
- 2 seasoning envelopes with coriander and annatto
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add sofrito, seasoning envelopes, garlic, tomato sauce and onions to the skillet.
- Stir all the ingredients until the onions are completely coated with the tomato-oil based sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the shredded pollock fillets and stir completely until coated evenly with the tomato-oil based sauce.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with boiled breadfruit or root vegetables.
See video and food blogging post on how to desalt, cook and shred salt cod.
- Category: Lunch and Dinner
- Cuisine: Puerto Rican
Keywords: Stewed Salt Cod