These delicious and crispy golden Yuca Fries are steamed and air crisped using the Deluxe Ninja Foodie Cooker! Steaming and air crisping the Yuca Fries are definitely a healthier version of preparing this dish without sacrificing its flavor and texture. Furthermore, you retain most of the nutritional value.
- 1 pound Yuca
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (low sodium)
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Cut both ends of Yuca. Cut Yuca into 3 sections and peel each section. Cut each section into halves.
- Pour 2½ cups of water into cooking pot. Place reversible rack in pot and arrange Yuca portions on top of rack.
- Cover unit with pressure lid into lock position. Make sure the pressure release valve is in venting position.
- Select STEAM and set time to 17 minutes. Press START/STOP button to begin the steaming process.
- When steaming is complete, make sure the float valve is in the down position before removing lid.
- Check the Yuca portions for tenderness. Remove the inner root that runs lengthwise in the center of Yuca. Cut into fries to your desire thickness.
- Mix marinating ingredients in bowl and stir well. Pour over Yuca fries and toss to coat them evenly with the marinade.
- Place Cook & Crisp Basket with diffuser attached in cooking pot.
- Arrange Yuca fries on top of Cook & Crisp Basket. Close the Crisp Lid.
- Select Air Crisp program. Press TEMP and turn START/STOP dial for 390°F. Press TIME and turn START/STOP dial for 10 mintues. Press START/STOP to begin cooking. You can lift lid and toss Yuca fries at any time during the air crisping cycle.
- Lift lid and remove Yuca fries when cooking time is complete. Turn off Unit.
Note: Cooking Time includes preheating cycle for cooking unit.
Mayoketchup Sauce: 3 tablespoons mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons ketchup.
Garlic Oil Mixture (Mojo Sauce): ½ cup olive oil, 4 garlic cloves minced, 2 teaspoons white vinegar, black pepper and salt to taste. Heat for 5 to 10 minutes over low heat.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Puerto Rican
Keywords: Yuca Fries - Ninja Foodie Cooker